Job Number: 150004172
Primary Location: US-WA-Seattle
This job contributes to Starbucks success by supporting a major business unit’s strategic planning and operational decision-making by performing or overseeing highly complex financial analysis and business modeling. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Conducts ad hoc analyses to support critical business decisions. Leads analyses of net present value (NPV), return on investment (ROI) and profit loss (P&L). Conducts research, creates financial models, and defines appropriate financial measures. Quantifies opportunities and risk and recommends alternatives. Provides strategic and tactical recommendations to senior management.
- Creates and implements processes and tools used in financial controls. Develops and distributes all required business unit or department reporting. Establishes report content, format, frequency and distribution schedules, and convenes review meetings. Ensures integrity and managerial usefulness of operational and sub-system reports. May develop and implement training programs in cost/price and financial analysis and auditing. May participate in or lead cost and price discussions with external or internal parties.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership to team members in order to achieve business results.
- Reviews new business proposals, identifies issues, risk and opportunities. Executes financial due diligence and explains ramifications of findings and recommendations for project progress.
- Works with cross-functional teams to set targets, develop plans, conduct analyses, measure results and improve processes. Consults with senior management to present data, propose solutions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Progressive experience in financial analysis, modeling, budgeting and business planning (7 years)
- Applicable industry experience (5 years)
- Contributing to and leading cross-functional teams (5 years)
- Making recommendations to decision makers (5 years)
- Project management (3 years)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to present information to senior leaders
- Ability to lead others
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills
- Business analysis skills, with the ability to see implications and provide consultative solutions and recommendations
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage projects
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Ability to quickly identify the information needed to evaluate new business situations and to collect and organize appropriate quantitative and qualitative information
Starbucks is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
ALPFA Seattle Corporate Sponsors