Liberty Mutual Surety™ is has an excellent opportunity for a Bilingual (Spanish/English) Associate Business Analyst to join our International Surety Claims Operations team in Seattle, WA.
Requisition #: 67304
In this position, you will apply your bilingual skills, business acumen, and your strong analytical, research, and reporting skills to support the processing of international surety claims. This includes identifying and creating consistent business processes for the handling of our international claims, researching details of the bond and assigning to the appropriate claims handlers, and developing and managing reports utilizing data from various sources and countries. In addition, you will be responsible for providing support to our global Surety Claims Attorneys and representatives as well as the administrative processing of claims and claim payments, ensuring legal compliance of these activities. Surety’s International operation provides an excellent opportunity for a detail-oriented and forward thinking professional who is fluent in Spanish and English (verbal and written required), and excels and thrives in a fast-paced, culturally diverse global environment where no two days are alike!
Liberty Mutual Surety is a global operating division of Liberty Mutual, and is the 2nd largest Surety bond provider and most admired Surety Company. We specialize in providing contract surety bonds for construction firms, manufacturers, and suppliers, and commercial surety bonds for corporations and individuals on an account and transactional basis. We pride ourselves on our unparalleled commitment to providing outstanding service to our customers to build mutually profitable relationships by providing smart business solutions, ease of doing business, and consistent, responsive service. We are dedicated to community and value a diverse global workforce.
- Manage and process international surety claims mailbox, directing correspondence to the appropriate handler/contact. Includes receiving hard and electronic copy claims and/or notifications; obtain Claim File Instructions (CFI) and open Claim/Lawsuit in database or distribute to the appropriate party.
- Partnering with manager, develop and manage processes to ensure a consistency in global claims processing, including receipt and processing activities of multi-national claims.
- Using fluent verbal and written Spanish skills, including business writing expertise, translate legal contracts and other business documents and communications to support the VP of International Surety Claims.
- Gather data from multiple sources (globally), create and/or maintain spreadsheets and reports to track international law regulations, open and track international claims activity, and international vendors and partners.
- Organize and update templates and other reference material as requested. Translate to and from Spanish as necessary.
- Collaborate with global claims representatives to ensure projects are taken through completion, providing support as requested.
- Work closely with home office claims assistants and executives, including VP of International Surety Claims to communicate claims status, payment processing, and obtain approvals per policy.
- Respond to inquiries and questions from principals, obligees, subcontractors, claimants, agents, and other parties and field questions pertaining to the bonding and claims process.
- Close claim files and lawsuits upon completion per request of claims representatives; Update spreadsheets, add remarks, and move to closed status in database.
- Process payments for costs incurred through the claims process, including wire transfers; Process salvage payments from obligees, principals, and other parties. Ensure legal compliance in processing global payments. When applicable, research with OFAC or other international regulators prior to paying claimants and consultants; Track outgoing payments made by principal while under claim status to ensure OFAC regulations are adhered to.
- May tender lawsuits and notify principals that a lawsuit was filed against the bond; Inform principal to obtain proper legal counsel.
- May produce discovery for courts or attorneys in electronic format and overnight to appropriate parties.
- Develop a strong and thorough understanding of the Surety industry, including claims processing and international legal guidelines, lien and bond claim law and claim handling techniques; Understand basic construction documents as well as major parties of a construction project, roles, and common disputes that may arise on a project.
- From templates, develop, manipulate, and create correspondences, letters and notifications to principals, claimants, and obligees, including translation to Spanish as needed. Meet deadlines and targets to notify principals that a claim has been filed, including the amount; Obtain background information from claimant and ensure all parties have proper documentation; Prepare tender of defense letter and secure claim handler signature; Forward to overnight courier.
- Proactively pursues opportunities for process improvement and takes initiative to contribute to team workflows and building a strong team dynamic. Actively seeks new ways to enhance the overall operation.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree typically required in a related field.
- A preference of 2+ years related work experience performing business analysis and support, preferably in a global operation. Prior legal experience is helpful.
- Must be fluent in Spanish/English (verbal and written). Requirements also include the ability to translate legal documents and other communications into Spanish using business writing language skills.
- Surety specific work experience or general knowledge of Surety terminology preferable.
- Previous Accounts Payable/Receivable experience preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well in a dynamic team environment, as well as independently.
- Superb customer service skills.
- Effective analytical/problem solving and research skills.
- Demonstrates initiative to identify process improvements. Is comfortable speaking-up and sharing ideas, offering feedback to peers and management by contributing to workflow processing and team culture.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrate ability to develop and manage reports using various data sources. Prior database experience preferred.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and have strong organization skills and attention to detail.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- 401K and Company paid retirement plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Paid time-off
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner’s insurance
- Discount fitness memberships
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care coverage
- Work/Life resources
- Credit Union membership
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way.
We believe that the Company’s success is inextricably linked to our employees’ satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success.
We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives everyday.
Responsibility. What’s your policy?
ALPFA Seattle Corporate Sponsors